There is no fire like passion, No crime like hatred, No sorrow like separation, No sickness like hunger, And no joy like the joy of freedom. Buddha Dhammapada.

The fragrance of sandalwood and rosebay, Does not travel far. But the fragrance of virtue, Rises to the heavens. Buddha Dhammapada.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Some Unused Ingredients In My Recipes

In my cooking recipes, there are some ingredients that I don't use but locals like to use it, such as fish sauce (Toek Trei), fish paste (Pro Hok), and MSG (Bie Cheng). Fish sauce and fish paste are always important ingredients for many kinds of Khmer foods. Those are Khmer's taste, sometime if we don't use it we miss the real flavour. We have a saying that Cambodians like Pro Hok as same as Barangs (French) like the Blue Cheese.
I don't use those ingredients since it's related to my health problem & I just try to eat healthy way as possible as I can. Although I don't use them for cooking, I found that the foods are still delicious. So it's not a big deal to give up those few ingredients for the healthy diet.